We’re two weeks into my series on Klout, and have given you the Basics that you need to know when starting an account. Now, it’s time that we getting a little more advanced.
The importance of your Klout Score
Some people on Twitter don’t follow users that have a Klout score less than 30 or 40. (The higher the number they have, the better quality of connection you’ll have with the person.)
Reminder: Klout is the overall judgement to your Social Media “mark.”
How to increase your Klout influence and your overall Klout Score
1. Prove your influence: Post about things that will interest others and start a conversation. Keep it short so they can include a reply in their RT.
2. Start conversations by using @replies (mentions) instead of private messages.
3. Share with others and you may receive. Retweet to share other tweets. If it’s a good tweet or a great quote, you might receive further RT’s from it.
4. Make sure all of your followers know about your other networks. Tell your Facebook fans to follow you on Twitter, tell your Linked In connections to join you on Facebook. Remind people on Twitter to find you on Facebook, ect. The more ways you connect with each follower, the more opportunities you have to engage with that follower.
5. Let others know that they’ve influenced you! How? By adding them as an influencer directly on Klout.
How to add someone as a influencer on your Klout account
This is really simple once you’ve done it a couple of times. And there are also two ways to do this, so you get to choose.
* You can see my awesome influencers here: http://klout.com/#/TMinspired/influencers/2
The first way:
If the person is on your profile, you can hover over their profile image and click the “Add Influencer” button that pops up.
The second way:
You can simply view your “Influencers” on your account, and click the “Add” button. From here, you can type in the name of who you’d like to add, and officially “Add” them as an influencer!
This is great for a specific person you’re looking for, as well as adding multiple people in one sitting.
Final tip for this week
Always Remember: Klout + more engagement + interaction = more influence.
What would you like to know in my Klout series? Ask me in the comment section below – I would love to answer any and all questions!
Stay tuned for what’s to come in my Klout series! Receive the next post immediately to your email inbox by subscribing to my blog via email! (Right hand toolbar)